When I received a phone call from Dave Shaw today asking me to look into delaying David Campbell’s return flight, I knew that it wasn’t good news. It seems now that the first container, the one with the forms and re-bar for the cement pour and the poultry barn itself, will not arrive until Monday, and even then it’s contents may not be released right away! So for all of the delegates arriving over the next few days it means a lot of waiting. It also means we will have a lot less time to accomplish all of the things we need to do. On the other hand we are all good at working under pressure! I am getting really anxious to get underway and join the group. I guess my timing will work out perfectly since I will be traveling over the weekend and arrive in Chausy on Sunday evening ready to work Monday morning! In the meantime, here is another update from Margaret.
Margaret’s Blog – Thursday March 24, 2011
It was another rainy day. It was so windy that we asked for a ride to the Orphanage. David and Murray had wanted to walk carrying the shovels over their shoulders. Our initial gravel request was denied. Murray and David dug in the mud (really the children did the digging) and buried tubing for the future water line. Vitali, the Orphanage Director, was busy on the phone trying to obtain gravel from other sources. By the end of the day, we had one load of gravel with 2 more coming tomorrow.
After lunch, I spent the afternoon with the children knitting and crocheting. The boys were fascinated in how I Continue reading