Dave Shaw is truly the driving force behind the delivery of Humanitarian Aid within the Country of Belarus and a founding Director of Canadian Aid for Chernobyl. It is his vision combined with his ability to turn dreams and ideas of those living in Belarus into meaningful and self sustaining initiatives that is the foundation of the success of this organization. He has partnered with Service Clubs, Organizations and individuals in Canada to raise the funds necessary to affect real change and have a tremendous impact on those in need.
Having hosted many children from Belarus, Dave and his family traveled to find out for themselves what life was like in a region still impacted by the Chernobyl disaster. This trip became the first of an ongoing annual delivery of aid to this area.
The owner of Alan Brown Clothiers in downtown Brockville, Dave is also a member of the Downtown Brockville Improvement Area and the Rotary Club of Brockville and has served on the Board of both of these organizations.
- 2013 – Declared an Honorary Citizen of the Region of Chausy, Belarus
- 2012 – Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal
- 2005 – Presented an Honorary Diploma from St. Lawrence College
- 2003 – Inducted to Brockville Collegiate Institute – Wall of Excellence
- 2003 – The Fransik Skorina Order of Belarus – by the President of the Republic of Belarus – 1st Canadian
- 2002 – Lions International – Helen Kellar Award (Humanitarian/Peacemaker)
- 2001 – Belarusian Medal of Honour
- 2001 – Rotary International 4 Avenues of Service Citation Award for Individuals
- 2001 – Brockville and Area Chamber of Commerce – Citizen of the Year
- 1999 – Rotary International – Paul Harris Fellow Award (Humanitarian/Peacemaker)
- 1999 – Canadian Aid for Chernobyl was presented the Chamber of Commerce Organization of the Year Award
- 1998 – YM-YWCA International Peacemaker of the Year Award